To make an enquiry about your booking contact the venue direct on the number below.
Hillsborough Leisure Centre 0114 2312233
iceSheffield 0114 2233900
Concord Sports Centre 0114 2570053
Don Valley Stadium 0114 2233600
Ponds Forge Sheffield 0114 2233400
EIS Sheffield 0114 2235600
Fitness Unlimited Membership Team
0845 451 5355
Monday - Thursday between 8am - 6pm
Friday between 8am - 5pm
Email enquiries will be dealt with within 2 working days
In these Terms and conditions the following words shall have the meaning in this clause respectively assigned to them;
"Manager" shall mean the Manager of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf course in the time being of Sheffield International Venues Ltd.
"The Hirer" shall mean the person(s) or body of persons making application for the use of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course; any part there of its facilities.
"Period of Hire" shall mean the period during which the Hirer is entitled to use any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course and any time during which the Hirer shall use any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course before or after such period.
"Date of Hiring" shall mean the day, which the Hirer is entitled to use any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course.
"Block Bookings" shall mean more than one hire of the specific activity within the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course.
"The Company" shall mean Sheffield International Venues Limited.
2. SCALES OF CHARGES
The charges for the use of any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course or its facilities shall be as attached below, but the Company reserve the right to vary them without notice.
(1) Payment for single bookings shall be made by the Hirer in full:
(a) Immediately on receipt of the letter of acceptance signed by the Manager or:
(b) At the Reception desk before the period of hire. Cheques, money orders and postal orders must be made payable to Sheffield International Venues Ltd and crossed.
(2) Payment for the block bookings may be made by the Hirer either:
(a) Immediately on receipt of the invoice which will be forwarded to the Hirer at regular intervals or:
(b) As per 1 b above
(3) All payments should be made in full 14 days prior to the booking(s).
(4) Online payments for single or block bookings should be made using the hirers' valid debit or credit card before the period of hire.
(1) The Company reserve the right:
(a) To refuse any application as it may deem fit without reason therefore and
(b) To cancel any booking on giving 7 day's notice in writing under the hand of the Manager to the Hirer, upon any such cancellation the Company will refund to the Hirer any monies paid in respect of the booking so cancelled, but the Company will not be responsible for any expenditure whatsoever, in relation to the booking which the Hirer may have incurred or be liable to pay.
(2) (a) In the event of cancellations or variation of any hiring by the Hirer of more than 4 weeks before the date of hiring, the Manager will use his best endeavors to effect a hiring with another Hirer. If cancellation or variation of any hiring by the Hirer of less than 2 weeks before the date of hiring, the Hirer will be responsible for the full hire charge. If the Hirer gives between 2-4 weeks notice, then the Hirer will be responsible for 20% of the full hire charge.
(b) For Patch Ice usage, the Hirer will only be offered an alternative date and time to use within the Venue.
(3) For online bookings only, the Company also reserve the right:
(a) As per 4 1 a above
(b) As per 4 1 b above
(c) The Hirer will also:
I. Give a minimum of seven days notice for the cancellation of block bookings otherwise the hirer will be responsible for the full charge.
II. For class bookings, the hirer must give a 24 hour notice for the cancellation of the class otherwise the hirer will be responsible for the full charge.
III. For all other hires, the hirer must give a 24 hour notice for the cancellation of the hire otherwise the hirer for the full charge.
IV. No show policy: if the hirer uses the online facilities for any bookings, classes or any other hires and is deemed not to show up for more than three usages, the Company have the right to withdraw their online privileges until deemed fit by the Manager and or Company.
(d) Refunds will be given only to the Hirer when requested via the online refund request form. The Company will
I. Refund the Hirer with an activity to the same or lesser value of the purchase.
II. For Patch Ice usage, the Hirer will only be offered an alternative date and time to use within the Venue.
III. Skate UK and Skate UK Star lessons will be held in fixed time slots and are non transferable or refundable.
5. TRANSFER OF HIRE
The Hirer shall not transfer the benefit or burden of the contract of any part thereof.
The Manager shall specify the maximum number of persons who will be permitted to use the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course or any part thereof for any purpose and the Company reserve to the Manager their other servants and all persons authorised by him at all times a right of entry to every part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course and a right to refuse admission to, or remove from the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course any person without stating any reason therefore.
7. EQUIPMENT AND PREMISES
(1) Any equipment used during the period of hire shall be returned to the place it was found at the end of the period of hire.
(2) Any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course used during the period of hire shall be left in a tidy and orderly condition at the end of the hire time.
(3) The Hirer is held responsible for the effective supervision of the arrangements and activities in any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course during the period of hire and for the prevention of disorderly behaviour and the Hirer shall comply with any reasonable request of the manner or other person authorised by him to make such a request.
(1) No function or event shall be advertised or announced until the form of application has been accepted by the Manager and letter of acceptance forwarded to the Hirer.
(2) No person shall fix or exhibit any advertisement in or upon any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course without the previous written consent of the Manager and for this purpose the Hirer shall submit to the Manager for his approval, one copy if the notice or advertisement to be used in connection with the function or event for which any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course is to be used.
The Hirer shall:
(1) Repay the Company on demand the cost of reinstating or replacing any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course or any property in or upon the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course which shall be damaged, destroyed or removed during the period of hire and:
(2) Indemnify the Company against all claims, demands, actions or proceedings in respect of the death or injury whatsoever or by whosoever caused of or to any person (other than a servant of the Company, whilst carrying out his duties as such servant), which shall occur while such person is in or upon any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course or arise from any accident or occurrence which shall occur when such person is in or upon any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course or, in respect of any loss or damaged suffered or sustained by any consequence of such death or injury provided always that, the forgoing provisions of this condition shall not apply to damage , death or injury, occasioned by or in consequence of fire, explosion, bursting or overflowing from or any heating, ventilation, lighting, electrical or water equipment or apparatus of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course; unless such fire, explosion, bursting or overflowing is due directly or indirectly to the act of a person other than a servant or agent of the Company in the course of his duty as such servant or agent.
10. LOST PROPERTY
The Company, their Officers, Agents and Servants shall not offer any circumstances be responsible to the Hirer or any person for damage to or the loss, theft or removal of and property brought or left by any person (including the Hirer) in or upon any part of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course (including cloakroom or dressing room) and the Hirer shall indemnity the Company, their Officers, Agents and Servants from and against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings in respect of any such loss, theft, or removal or any loss sustained by any person of such damage, theft, or removal.
Motor vehicles shall not be parked and bicycles shall not be left in any of the exit ways of the Sports Centre/Venue/Golf Course and the Company, their Officers, Agents, Servants shall not in any circumstances be responsible to the Hirer of any other person for damage to or the loss, theft or removal of any motor vehicle or bicycle (including the Hirer) and the Hirer shall indemnity the Company, their Officers and Servants from and against all claims, demands, actions and proceedings in respect of any such loss, theft, or removal or any sustained by any person the consequences of such damage, theft, or removal.
If the Manager in his discretion deem fit, the Hirer shall, before the date of hiring, insure at his own expense in the joint name of himself the Company against any loss or damage howsoever caused in a sum prescribed by the Manager and shall maintain such insurance during the period of hire and shall produce on demand, to the Manager, evidence of such insurance.
No sweepstake, raffle or other form of lottery shall be promoted, conducted or held without previous written consent of the Manager and any such lottery shall comply with the enactment relating to Betting, Gambling and Lotteries.
14. BREACH OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If the Hirer shall fail to observe or perform in any respect the terms and conditions herein before stated the Company may, without notice, determine the Hirer's right under the contract. Such determination shall not release the Hirer from any of his obligations under the contract or effect and right or remedy which the Company may have the contract or otherwise.
15. RULES OF MANAGEMENT
The Rule of Management, a copy which is enclosed herewith, are incorporated herein which rules are exhibited in the entrance to the premises to which this agreement relates and in the event of any inconsistency between those rules and the Terms and Conditions set out herein the Rules of Management shall prevail.
The Company reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without notice.
You should read and understand the terms and conditions of membership before purchasing a membership online. Read the full terms and conditions of membership:
(1) All skaters will be required to pre-book and pay on to patch sessions in advance of the patch taking place.
(2) Skaters must have passed Skate UK levels 0 – 10, and be partaking in or have passed Skate UK Star lessons, before being able to book a patch ice ticket without having an ice skating coach present
(3) Patch sessions not booked or paid for before the patch takes place will be charged at £6.
(4) Patch sessions will be held in fixed time slots and tickets cannot be used for the partial use of two patch sessions.
(5) If 1 to 1 lessons run over 2 patch slots 2 patch sessions must be booked and paid for.
(6) Random checks of patch sessions will now be taking place and any skaters found not to have pre booked will be asked to leave the ice and pay £6
(7) Any patch bookings that require transferring to another day or time must be done over the phone or in person at reception before that initial patch booked expires.
(8) Advance bookings may be subject to change and customers will be contacted to transfer or refund their patches should this occur.
(9) Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
(1) Patch Unlimited will be available to purchase online or within venue from the 24th of the previous month until the 3rd of the month. Patch Unlimited must be paid for by the 3rd of the month, if not single patches will be required and there will be no opportunity to purchase patch unlimited after this time until the next month.
(2) Patch Unlimited will expire on the last date of the month and customer will have to then purchase another month of patch unlimited.
(3) Patch Unlimited is non refundable or transferable.
(4) Skaters must have passed Skate UK levels 0 – 10, and be partaking in or have passed Skate UK Star lessons, before being able to attend patch sessions without having an ice skating coach present.
(5) Patch Unlimited users are entitled to unlimited use of patch ice sessions for the month they have purchased. From time to time patch ice sessions may be cancelled. You will not be entitled to any refund or compensation should this happen.
(6) Public skating sessions and other activities are not included in the price of Patch Unlimited.
(7) Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
(1) Please note that public skating sessions are not included in the price of a Skate UK class.
(2) Bookings will not be taken on the first day of the new course.
(3) All lessons must be paid for when booking.
(4) Courses are non-refundable and non-transferable.
(5) Anyone requiring skate hire must purchase a skate hire card for the course to claim his or her skate hire each week and if lost a new card must be purchased.
(6) The skate hire card must also be purchased prior to the first lesson.
(7) All skaters will be asked to enter the ice at the times stated.
(8) Skaters will be asked to enter and exit from different gates to avoid congestion on class changeovers.
(9) Please have the Skate UK ticket ready to hand to one of the coaches.
(10) The Skate UK classes are group classes; private instruction should not be expected.
(11) Parents and guardians are asked to observe the classes from the seating areas.
(12) It generally takes several minutes for all skaters to enter onto the ice and find their relevant group – we allow 5 minutes for this.
(13) The coached classes will start after this point.
(14) The skaters are then assured of at least 30 minutes of coached time.
(15) The coach to pupil ratio is 1 – 15 although under certain circumstances this might be slightly higher or less when possible.
(16) Skate UK trainee coaches will be on hand to assist or teach when appropriate.
(17) Skate UK assessments normally take place on weeks 5 and 6 of the course.
(18) A skater who successfully passes a level on weeks 5 and 6 should remain in the same group until the end of the course and only then move into the next level.
(19) A successful skater will be awarded a pass slip by the coach.
(20) This slip can be used to purchase a certificate and or a badge at reception if the customer wishes.
(21) The class will finish five minutes before the stated end time, this is to allow all skaters time to clear the ice in good time for the next class to start or for the ice to be resurfaced.
(22) All current members will be given a priority booking period before bookings are open to new members.
(23) No refunds can be made. Under certain medical circumstances a credit can be offered for a future course.
(24) Should adverse weather conditions force iceSheffield to close the cancelled classes will be rescheduled.
(25) Providing iceSheffield remains open during adverse weather conditions no refunds or credits will be issued to skaters who cannot make a particular class because of poor weather.
(26) A skater who passes level 10 in the Skate UK programme is eligible to join the Skate UK Star programme*.
(27) A skater who passes the Skate UK Star Gold is eligible to join the Academy at Level 1*.
(28) If you have any pre-existing medical conditions that you feel we should know about please inform reception upon booking.
* Further details and prices upon request.
TENNIS COURT HIRE
(1) Tennis court hire bookings can be made online up to 14 days in advance
(2) Tennis court hire bookings can be made online for indoor and outdoor courts (lit and unlit)
(3) Tennis court hire bookings made online will only be confirmed once payment has been received
(4) Cancellation of a tennis court hire booking must be requested online at www.sivonline.com/refundrequest and are at the discretion of the venue
(5) Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
The material included in these pages is the property of Sheffield International Venues Ltd (SIV) and must not be copied or distributed for any commercial purpose without the permission of SIV.
Taking copies for personal use, whether to your hard disk or a printed version is allowed, provided that the copyright notice is retained on each copy.
We are not responsible for the content on external sites that we link to.
Making alterations to any of the pages or using the content in any other work or publication will be a direct breach of our copyright and may result in civil action.